Google Screened

What Should I Do if My Ex-Partner Denies My Court-Approved Visitations?

Bel Air Child Custody Lawyers at Huesman, Jones & Miles, LLC Give Legal Guidance to Parents With Custody Order Violation Issues.

Although many divorced parents can get along amicably, others have ongoing problems with child custody issues, such as visitation schedules. Violating a child custody agreement is serious and should not be taken lightly, especially if it is a reoccurring issue.

Courts recognize that every parent has a fundamental right to care for their children and spend time with them, regardless of marital status. This is a basis for court-ordered visitation schedules. After these orders are approved by the court, they are official. This means that if one parent violates it, they are breaking the law.

If your court order specifies that you have the children every other weekend with no exceptions and your ex refuses to comply, your rights may have been violated. Each time your ex-partner denies your approved visitations, take note by writing everything down as it happened. Save emails, texts, and any other communications that could support your case, and keep them in a safe spot for future legal proceedings.

When child custody violations frequently happen, you might have to take legal action to protect your parental rights. Read over the child custody agreement carefully, noting the specifics for visitation. If your ex’s actions goes against the order, consult with a lawyer.

A court may hear the case and decide when a parent willingly disregards a legally-binding custody order. Courts also hear cases about parents who violate custody orders in other ways, like being chronically late for pick-up times, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol when around the children, and interfering with the other parent’s visitation times. A lawyer can protect your rights and help you get your court-ordered visitation with your children.

Bel Air Child Custody Lawyers at Huesman, Jones & Miles, LLC Give Legal Guidance to Parents With Custody Order Violation Issues

If your ex is not cooperating with your court-ordered visitation schedule, you should get legal assistance from an experienced lawyer. Speak with one of our skilled Bel Air child custody lawyers at Huesman, Jones & Miles, LLC for help. Complete our online form or call us at 443-589-0150 to schedule a free consultation. Located in Hunt Valley and Towson, Maryland, we serve clients in Baltimore, Baltimore County, Bel Air, Bentley Springs, Columbia, Freeland, Hereford, Hampton, Westminster, Essex, Monkton, Sparks Glencoe, Parkton, Phoenix, Pikesville, White Hall, Carroll County, Harford County, and Howard County.

av 2019 rating
avvo client choice award
avvo top contributor award
maryland chamber