We represent clients and their families suffering from personal injury. It may be an automobile accident, a fall or a defective product. There are countless ways for humans to be injured when negligence is in play. We live in a dangerous world. Precautions can be made to stay safe from defective products.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is the federal agency tasked with reporting and pursuing safety hazards and products that injure and kill Americans each year. The recall list from just December 2012 details all that is new and dangerous, including:
- Muddy Outdoors tree climbing sticks: Tree cleats used to climb trees may break causing serious injury or death
- Nap Nanny baby recliners: Portable infant recliner implicated in five deaths
- Arctic Snowcat snowmobiles: About 3,900 snowmobiles may leak fuel due to damage during production
- Canon WFT-E7A Wireless File Transmitter: Chemicals used in production can damage the product and cause consumer skin irritation
- Izoard XP Bicycles: Steering tube may break causing fall hazard while in use
These products represent only a small number of items listed on the CPSC website. Each month brings more. What can you do to stay safe?
Use appliances and other products for their intended use. Read instructions and follow safety precautions. Many accidents occur during horseplay when products are used inappropriately or without needed supervision.
If you are injured, do not immediately assume it was your fault. Keep the potentially defective product, hold onto your receipt and if seriously injured, contact an experienced personal injury attorney.